?>

In my last post I showed how I broke down the table and the condition of what I was working with:

Delta 36-650 T2

Delta 36-650 T2- Before Prep

To prep the table for reconditioning, I used Goo-Gone and 400 grit sandpaper on the all the legs, motor housing and anything with paint on it to scuff out scratches and prep the surface to take new paint.  I used a Rustoleum paint for farm equipment.  I liked the Troy-built red.  I also used a flat back.  I did not prime first, but used at least 4 layers of paint for each part.  This took the better part of an entire Saturday to do.  I also taped off stickers, metal signage and other portions of the saw I did not want to paint with blue painters tape.

Here are my paint and prep pictures:

 

  • Box prep- Repaint

    Box prep- Repaint

  • Box prep- Repaint 2

    Box prep- Repaint 2

  • Motor - Repaint

    Motor - Repaint

  • Wings and wheels- Repaint

    Wings and wheels- Repaint

  • Box flat black- Repaint

    Box flat black- Repaint

  • Stand - Repaint

    Stand - Repaint

  • Pre-finished Wheel- Assembly

    Pre-finished Wheel- Assembly

  • Wing and Fence - Paint

    Wing and Fence - Paint

 

It was a good thing that the bolts, screws and washers/nuts all had very specific sizes.  It made it very easy to group them and reassemble without loss or stripping.  This thing also weighed a TON.  So I would advise you have some help when putting it back together.

Here are my reassembly pictures:

 

  • Parts ready

    Parts ready

  • Cleaning the fence

    Cleaning the fence

  • 36-650 Wheel- Assembly

    36-650 Wheel- Assembly

  • Motor Attachment- Assembly

    Motor Attachment- Assembly

  • Categorizing Hardware- Assembly

    Categorizing Hardware- Assembly

  • Attaching the Tilt and Motor Brace - Assembly

    Attaching the Tilt and Motor Brace - Assembly

  • Side Wheel Attachment- Assembly

    Side Wheel Attachment- Assembly

  • Base and Top - Assembly

    Base and Top - Assembly

  • Motor- Assembly

    Motor- Assembly

  • Motor - Assembly 2

    Motor - Assembly 2

 

I greased up all the tilt and raise components and tested the saw’s movement.  I used simple synthetic lube.  I may change to a different lube in the near future.  I did not do a full restore on the fence handle.  I may go back and do that as it has a few nicks and bumps I may want to clear out.  Before I finished up, I applied a polishing compound to the wings and also applied liquid Carnauba wax.   I was hoping this would help with shine and dust.  My plan is at some point to build a dust collector underneath and put this guy on a wheel frame so I can roll it around.

 

Check out my finished table on the next part of my post:

 

Part 3 – Finished Product

 

Tagged with:
 

Comments are closed.